The interactive textbook ‘Morbidity in primary care – Epidemiologic data from Family Medicine Network’ presents 27 chapters, each describing clinical conditions or clusters of symptoms in textbook style.
Textbook chapters have the following outline:
- A description of the clinical course of the condition
- The recording of the condition in FaMe-Net
- Epidemiologic figures (incidence and prevalence) from FaMe-Net
- A description of how the condition is generally presented in the first encounter, based on the Reasons for Encounter (RFEs)
- The GPs actions (interventions) related to this condition
Reading these textbook chapters guides you through several locations on the website with epidemiologic data concerning this condition. The textbook helps in the interpretation of the FaMe-Net data and in the identification of potential pitfalls.
Download the full PDF of this interactive textbook ‘Morbidity in primary care’ for free here or scroll down to search individual chapters.
The book is best read digitally, but if you prefer a printed version, you can purchase it at cost by following the link below.
Available from November 9, 2023
Familiarise yourself with the possibilities of this data website.
Rectification for ‘Morbidity in primary care’
On page 13, second column, final sentence, the text ‘See also Trends in prevalence’ needs to be replaced by the text ‘See also Mean prevalence’.